Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Kominas in Brooklyn, Last Night (Taqwacore!)

Thanks to Carolina Gonzalez for sending along these photos, shot by Siddhartha Mitter, on Carolina's camera. (Carolina covers music for the New York Daily News.) The Kominas played at Goodbye Blue Monday, and according to Carolina, are as good in concert as they are on record. (I have yet to see The Kominas. I missed the SXSW gig. Apparently I could have just showed up, without the $400+ pass. But I didn't know.)

More hawgblawg Kominas posts here.

This is Shahjehan Khan. Note that he is wearing a sweatshirt with a Nation of Gods and Earths (Five Percenters) emblem. I suspect the influence of Michael Muhammad Knight.

Arjun Ray, Shahjehan Khan, Basim Usmani (l to r)

Arjun Ray, Shahjehan Khan (l to r)

Basim Usmani



No comments: